Apartment The Charlot – Marais District
This is a very welcoming and bright one bedroomed apartment which is very quiet due to its double glazing and open outlook.
It is typical of Parisian style, 35sqm and situated on the 4th floor with original stairs in this building dated from 18th century facing the famous Hôtel de Retz.
The Living area is comprised of a spacious living room with a single bed of 90cm, a dining area with wooden table and chairs, an American style open plan kitchen with all the necessary utensils, electrical hot plates, washing machine and a microwave.
The bedroom is separate, contains a real double bed of 120cm with quality Simmons mattress!
An armchair and wardrobe complete your sleeping area.
The bathroom is situated at the entrance to the flat and has a bath and shower unit with basin and toilet.
There is also a spacious private attic space at your disposal for luggage or shopping to make your holiday space more enjoyable.
This flat is for who seeks the authentic Paris and that is what they find.
Bright and quiet.
Very central position.
The flat is situated at the start of Rue Charlot, 2 streets from the Picasso Museum, not far from the famous Place des Vosges and at the foot of Rue de Bretagne with its shops of all variety and is in the 3rd arrondissement which isrenowned for being a trendy and lively district.
The well-known “Marché des Enfants Rouge” is a 5 min walk away along the same road.
This is the oldest market in Paris, built in 1615 under Louis XIII and is recommended to anyone who is interested in authentic local produce of the region.
In the surrounding streets you’ll find contemporary exhibition galleries and designer boutiques, not forgetting the very popular discos frequented by the most fashion conscious.
The district is also transformed into an open air parade during the two annual fashion weeks where you can see the new trends.
This is an area full of life with restaurants, brasseries, coffee shops and wine bars of all types while at the same time being home to some of Paris “most important monument”– more than 20 museums in this one area.
You are going to be spoilt for choice!
TO VISIT NEARBY
- RUE DE BRETAGNE: Famous for its quaint atmosphere, this street is appreciated for its numerous cafes, bars and terraced restaurants.
- MUSÉE PICASSO AND CARNAVALET: The museum with a collection of Picasso’s works and a museum dedicated to the history of the city. 2 nice attractions to take your time at.
- MARCHÉ DES ENFANTS ROUGES: This is the oldest covered market in Paris dating back to 1612 and completely renovated in 2002. A small number of stands with traditional market products will entice you in.
- HÔTEL DE VILLE: You can reach this magnificent building in 15 mins by foot. It is the head of the municipal council but it is a building with a turbulent past; it’s square used to be the site for guillotine executions. Nowadays the fabulous square is mainly where events are organised by the municipality; ice rinks and merry-go-rounds in winter, huge TV screens for large sports events, puppet show.
- PLACE DES VOSGES: The district of Marais is renowned for its gay community and is famous for being a very trendy and lively district, it gives the impression of a being in a «small village» with its labyrinth of streets full of locals, restaurants and night clubs frequented by the most fashionable! In addition, it houses more than 20 important museums, like the Picasso. But the major interest of the Marais is without doubt its «Place de Vosges», originally called «La Place Royale» and is perfect in its symmetry of architecture and gardens.