THE USEFULL THINGS TO KNOW
Parisflatlist wants to give you those precious informatins that all good parisian knows, so you will spend a wonderful time and saving your time, so you ll be able to live as a parisian!
When the light is red, it means it is occupied
When the light is green, it means it is available.
Please note that “normal taxis cars” can charge a maximum of 3 people for security reasons as they are not authorized to let a passenger sit in front (=next to the driver)
Therefore, if you are travelling with more than 3 people and/or with many lugages, we recommend you to prebook a taxi that will give you a proper car model
There are many different taxis compagnies, but be careful of the FAKE ones, especially on airports and stations site
- FOR A FIX PRICE FROM BOTH AIPORTS: WECAB from Taxis 7 : http://www.wecab.com/fr/engagements/transparence-des-prix
For private transferts from airports/stations or for private tours in town, we offer you a service, see
EASY DREAM EASY DREAM
MAIN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
To circulate through paris, you have the choice between métro, bus, RER, TER or tramway.
In the metro, this ticket allow you to run in a sense or an other=(Dans le métro, le ticket vous permet de voyager dans un sens comme dans l’autre).
In the bus, once obliterated, your ticket remains available during 1H30 and allows you to make some correspondances.
Please note that this is valid only if you prebook your tickets because ticket bought directly on the bus are valid only for one course.
-The Paris Visite Card : it is a valid fix priced ticket for 1, 2, 3 or 5 consecutive days on zone 1 to 3, or 1 to 5. This ticket deal is valid from the first day HOUR 0000hr to last day HOUR 2400hr.
- BENEFITS OF THE Paris Visite Card ;
–20 % off on entry for Triumphal Arch
–20% off on standard ticket for Disneyland Paris
– 30% off on entry for Tour Montparnasse as well as guided bus tours.
The Paris Visite Card : it is a valid fix priced ticket for 1, 2, 3 or 5 consecutive days on zone 1 to 3, or 1 to 5. This ticket deal is valid from the first day HOUR 0000hr to last day HOUR 2400hr.
PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT STAMP YOUR PARIS VISIT CARD IN THE METRO BECAUSE IF SO, I WON’T BE VALID ANYMORE AND YOU WILL LOSE TIME REPLACING IT.
BEWARE OF PICKPOCKETS as in any large city!
TIPS: BE VIGILENT AND KEEP AWARE OF THOSE AROUND YOU DO NOT CARRY LARGE AMOUNTS OF CASH AROUND WITH YOU NEVER LEAVE YOUR LUGGAGE UNATTENDED IN RAIL STATIONS/METRO PLATEFORMS/BUS TERMINALS ETC. CLOSE YOUR BAG PROPERLY AND KEEP IT CLOSED IN CASE OF AN OVERCORWDED METRO, DECIDE TO TAKE THE NEXT ONE!
REMEMBER THE REDUCED RATES :
- Children under 4 years of age travel free
- 4 – 10 year olds pay half price
- Under 26 year olds have unlimited travel with the daily pass ‘Ticket Jeunes Weekend’ but ONLY on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays
The Parisian metro has an automatic line, with no driver line 14 is very useful as it allow you to travel across Paris very quickly.
You have just arrived to PARIS: WELCOME !
Here are some options to reach the center of Paris from both airports :
- FROM ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT:
– take RER B to Paris.
-take ROISSYBUS arrives at Opéra Garnier in 45-60mins
- FROM ORLY AIRPORT :
-take ORLYVAL SHUTTLE regular service 0600hr – 2300hr every day. Shuttles run every 4 minutes. The ORLYVAL will take you to ANTHONY where you can connect with RER B to get to Paris.
-take ORLYBUS arrives in DENFERT ROCHEREAU in 35 mins
If this is the case, the Paris Museum Card is very interesting as it offers you a free and direct access to more than 60 museums and is valid for 2, 3, 4 or 6 consecutive days at a very competitive price.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Most museums are FREE the first Sunday of every month. Nevertheless, we highly recommend you to be there very early to avoid long queues.
- THE LOUVRES and some other museums are closed on TUESDAYS
GOOD TO KNOW:
- ENTRANCE TICKETS:We recommend that you to buy as many tickets as you can ON LINE if you are wanting to see the main Parisian attractions, as it will save you precious time in queues !!
- MAKE THE MOST OF THE DISCOUNTS: For most entry tickets, there are discounts for seniors (over 60years) and for students, including international students ; you will need only to provide a valid document of proof (ie ID card or student card)
For those who have planned to go to DISNEYLAND whilst in Paris, we recommend that you pre-buy your tickets on line at least ONE MONTH before to benefit from the price offers (example: save 30% on ‘Pluton’ tickets or dated tickets. You will reach the Park very easily with public transport ; the RER A takes you directly to the Park in 35-45 mins.
TRAVEL BY CAR
If you park on the street, there are 3 ways of paying at the ticket machine (‘l’horodateur) :
– by credit card.
– by ‘Paris Carte’ which has replaced the former ‘Carte Monéo’. It is a prepaid smart card that allows you to pay your parking directly at the ticket machine and most of the ‘Tabac’ shops sell them.
-P phone – the new system for phones
- THE MONTH OF AUGUST :From 01/01/2015, most streets have started charging in AUGUST (previously Paris was known to offer free parking exceptionally in this month). Also street parking is now free from 20H00 to 09H00 (whilst before it was from 19H00 to 09H00), and Parisians are very unhappy with that !!