Apartment The Elegant – Montorgueil District
This is a stunning modern apartment full of character in the very heart of Paris.
Situated on the 3rd floor with steps of a classic Parisian stone building, it is exposed to the east side which faces a quaint pedestrianized street, and on the west the outlook is over the interior courtyard, so the whole feel of the space is bright and peaceful. There are paintings to admire in the corridors between the floors as this co-ownership building is very friendly and safe.
The apartment has been recently renovated in loft-style.
It is original, charming and offers a lovely, warm decor, quality furnishings with wood beams and flooring.
It is a spacious 55 sqm and comprises all the modern comforts one needs for a quality stay.
The apartment lay-out: a long corridor with a fully fitted and furnished American-style kitchen which is bright thanks to it’s 2 large south eastern facing windows. The kitchen is well thought out and equipped with all the necessities of modern comfort: microwave, dishwasher, fridge, hot plates oven, Nespresso coffee maker, kettle, toaster…..A tasteful fold-away table is available as your breakfast bar or aperitif corner, as your needs dictate!
Toilets are separate and situated off the corridor, and you will also find there a concealed washing machine.
The main living space is composed of 2 different areas
-The sleeping and eating areas contain a table and chairs, a large wardrobe to store your belongings and you will also find there a vacuum cleaner, iron and ironing board. This practical area transforms at night to the bedroom thanks to a Queen Size fold away Murphy bed with quality mattress (of 160cm).
-The living area is spacious and consists of 3 comfortable sofas, one of which is a leather, 160cm, Queen Size, Steiner sofa-bed to ensure your good nights sleep.There is a screenshot TV and HIFI at your disposal.There is a glass table for those relaxing moments; aperitifs or dinners in comfort. The coffee table shelves can be raised to accommodate your needs in a cosy atmosphere with the controllable lighting.Books in the library are at your disposal.
The bathroom is modern and welcoming thanks to its warm designer tiles, design and wood fitments. There is a bath, shower, sink, mirrors and towel drier.The hot water, along with the heating, is by a boiler independently controlled by the flat.
THE perfect choice for travelers seeking a quality flat, in a district that has one of the highest concentrations of tourist sights in the city, all just at his hand!
- Spacious, bright and quiet.
- Quality furnishings and fittings.
- In the very heart of Paris, 5 mins from Hôtel de Ville.
This stunning loft is situated in the renowned, lively and colourful pedestrian district of “Montorgueil-Saint-Denis”, amongt Paris’ most historical areas.
Rue Saint-Denis is one of the oldest streets in Paris, its route being first laid out in the 1st century by the Romans and offers you a multitude of attractions and curiosities just at hand.
This area also is also home to the stunning classified heritage monument, 142 Rue Saint Denis, the house built for Claude Aubry (seen from the living room of this apartment). In front of number 142, there is another amazing classified construction, a 16th century fountain built into the corner of Rue St Denis and Rue Grenetta called “La Fontaine de la Reine”.
Restaurants, markets, boutiques, shops of all types, the colors and aromas are reminiscent of countryside villages.
You’ll also find lots of historical and cultural monuments, you will be spoiled by choice and it is for all purses too.
The atmosphere of this pedestrianized and quaint district is soft and welcoming and at the same time energetic and lively with all its trendy and designer stalls.
You can for example begin your day savoring a coffee in the numerous sunny coffee terraces, sit in the Rue Montorgueil, then linger in front of the large undulating glass canopy of the «Forum des Halles», before sitting smug with a street show in the Centre Beaubourg that also hosts inside numerous interesting exhibitions.
You can also pass time wandering under the amazing covered galleries «Passage du Grand Cerf» or «Passage de la Galerie Vivienne» (just at the foot of the building) and that ends up to the magnificent «Place des Victoires».
TO VISIT NEARBY
- THE STREET OF MONTORGUEIL: this pedestrianized and trendy street is the shopping heart of the district, and some of it’s shops are amongst the oldest of Paris. For example, at number 38, there is « L’escargot Montorgueil», the favorite 20th century kitchen of Sacha Guitry, Proust, Dali… and the ceiling of the entrance was Sarah Bernhardt’s dining room, the one she gave to the restaurant before her death !
- LES HALLES: former and vast market that has fed Paris and its Parisians for over 8 centuries before leaving Paris for the suburb of Rungis. Now, it has become one of the most vibrant and trendy areas of the capital, there is an enormous shopping center that will please all you shoppers and especially those who seek rare avant-garde /vintage pieces! There are also 2 theaters and the amazing fountain created by one of Paris’ most famous artists, Auguste Rodin.
- CENTRE GEORGES POMPIDOU/BEAUBOURG: this multi-colored building is original because of it’s high tech architecture of metallic ventilation pipes. It houses a cultural center dedicated to contemporary/ modern art which attracts more than 20,000 visitors a day.
- GARDEN OF TUILERIES: only 15mn by foot from the flat, this true ‘green lung’ is part of the most emblematic places of the capital. Besides, it is part of the Historical Axis or ‘Voie Royale’, an axis of roads and a series of monuments (Triumphal Arch, Champs-Elysées and the Louvre) placed along the axis that runs from the centre of Paris out beyond the city to the west. A perfect way to discover emblematic Parisian monuments, profit by wandering around this royal garden and window shop on the most beautiful Avenue of the word.
- HÔTEL DE VILLE: this is a majestic building, with a turbulent past (its square used to be the site for guillotine executions) that is only 7 mins away by foot. Nowadays, the Hôtel de Ville is the head of the municipal council. Its fabulous square is mainly a place where main events are organized by the municipality: in winter, it is transformed into a huge ice rink with merry-go-rounds; during the international tennis tournaments, a huge screen transmits live matches; as well as wonderful garden exhibitions. There are more than 200 sculptures along each side of Hotel de Ville building to be admired; created by one of Paris’ most famous artists, Auguste Rodin.
- PLACE DES VICTOIRES: with its stunning equestrian statue, it is part of Paris’ 5 royal ; La Place des Vosges, La Place Dauphine, La Place Vendôme et La Place de la Concorde. It is now a mecca of the mode with it’s trendy boutiques.
- COVERED GALLERIES : Innovative in terms of their architectural shape as well as their social role, the covered galleries are typically Parisian, home to quirky and specialty shops. The ‘Passage du Grand Cerf’ created in 1825 is part of Paris’ most important ones, has the highest canopy. Meanwhile the ‘Galerie Vivienne’, created in 1823 is the most emblematic with its mosaic tiled floors and brass lights. You can admire the history, cast iron gates, marble pillars, ornate clocks and its chic prêt à porter boutiques such as Jean Paul Gaultier.
Yarraville, AUSTRALIA, JUNE 2016
Rinke, UTRECHT /PAYS BAS-April 2016
Toronto, Canada, September 2017
August 2015 COLCHESTER, UK
It might be good to have a fan for people to use in the summer.
I would definitely recommend this flat - is one of the most comfortable ones I have stayed in.
July 2015, Marina from VANCOUVER CANADA
September 2015, Jersey CITY, US
My girlfriend and I both instantly fell in love with the apartment, it is even nicer in person compared to the pictures. We also started to appreciate the location after visiting other areas as it is really central and lively. The host was really accessible and made sure we had everything we needed. Overall great experience
New York, October 2017
New York, September 2017
- Property Size: 55 m2
Maximum Guest: 4
Cleaning Fee (in €): 50
Metro: Etienne Marcel