GregThis apt. in the Latin Quarter was wonderful. It heightened our Paris experience with its charm and location - one could not ask for more - we stayed a week. We were greeted by Tony, he was responsive to our needs and helpful in orientating us. The balcony is awesome, you have a roof-line view of the area and Pantheon....5.02015-01-20T19:52:43+00:00
CarlosLa descripción y fotos de la presentación son fieles y reales a lo disponible. La ubicación es central, cercana a los núcleos de interés turístico, comercial y de esparcimiento de Paris; mientras el barrio es calmo y seguro. Pegado a un centro de comercios y bares-restaurants muy agradable. La atención de propietaria y gestora del appart es amable y cercana....5.02017-02-26T13:17:33+00:00
NinaWe stayed 3 danish girls for 9 days at the apartment, and we were very satisfied with the place, which looks exactly as in the pictures. We were welcomed by the owner, Éliane, who was very friendly and helpful throughout the whole stay. She made a great effort in making us feel at home and she i.a. helped us find...5.02014-11-22T19:45:42+00:00
YukaI came to Paris for Fashion Week, Perfect location! Great apartment and great host Pasadena, CALIFORNIA, September 20165.02016-10-05T08:51:58+00:00
CindyNadia was the perfect host - welcomed us warmly upon arrival, offered drinks and wine and even showed us to a market nearby for dinner. The penthouse was everything one could ask for - Parisian, cosy, clean and fully equipped with everything one needs. We loved the terrace and spent time each morning there. Will not hesitate to recommend this...5.02016-05-09T10:12:07+00:00
Giselle"Wonderful stay. Lovely building and great location, conveniently located near 2 metro stations and bakeries and late night eateries. Loved the apartment and all the added amenities. Would stay again!" Giselle C. (Etats-Unis) - June 20135.02014-11-22T19:46:12+00:00
Jennifer BellThis was my second visit to this flat and it did not disappoint. Quiet, spacious with all the necessary amenities, we felt completely at home. The key drop off and pick up was seamless and made the experience that much more enjoyable. The terrace is amazing - we spent a lot of mornings and evenings just taking in the sights...5.02015-09-13T21:36:41+00:00
LauraThe location was unbeatable and so close to the Metro for easy exploration of Paris. Lots of excellent eateries locally and just around the corner from bustling Rue St. Germaine. Local well stocked supermarket also around the corner. Excellent value for money. Nadia greeted us on arrival and was very helpful in answering all our questions in regards to sightseeing...5.02017-10-05T10:42:49+00:00
RainerL'appartement est très bien situé. Tout ce que vous avez besoin. Très belle réception et un contact simple. Hôtesse parle allemand. Nous aimerions réserver de nouveau. Rainer, AUGUST 2015 from GERMANY2015-09-30T21:39:32+00:00
GiselleNadia's place was a great stay for the two nights we were in Paris. It is in a very good location too! Very close to the metro stops, restaurants and bars. It is a small apartment, but had all the amenities we needed. Nadia was helpful as well! Would recommend. LOS ANGELES, September 20175.02017-09-22T17:32:38+00:004.010
MAIN PARISIAN EVENTS
PARISFLATLIST presents you a list non exhaustiv of the main parisian events NOT to miss !
- La “Galette des Rois”: the first sunday in January, the “Galette des Rois ” celebrates the Epiphany. It is a sweet cake filled with almonds and hidden inside is a “bean”. The tradition is that the one who find the bean becomes the “Queen” or the “King” of the day and has to choose his Queen or King!
- Fashion Week: after Milan, it’s Paris turn to present its Haute Couture Défilé. This event is followed by lots of “Prêt à Porter” Shows and showrooms. The District of MARAIS is vey in demanded for that occasion and turns onto a onto a show at opened sky!
- The Sales: generally at the beginning of January and for 5 weeks, you have the chance of snapping up the best of Parisian fashion at very good prices.
- The Prix d’Amérique: this is the biggest horserace of the year and it always takes place on the last Sunday of January; an event NOT to be missed; a concentration of horses, horses breeders and horses owners!
FEBRUARY: parade and carnival
- Chinese New Year: from 6 to 13 February, you can admire colourful processions in the Marais District. Apart the Marais
- The “Chandeleur”: initially it was a Catholic celebration and nowadays it has become the occasion to test different crèpes recipies! The occasion to eat in a ”créperie” and to immerse yourself in the atmosphere!!
- The Carnaval: lots of free animation are organized for the children for this occasion. This year it will take place Sunday 10 th February and Paris has selected the “World of Toys Theme”, so it will be the occasion to bring your child there!
- International Agricultural Show: this is a unique opportunity to appreciate the wealth of french agricultural and admire some amazing species of farm animals (very interesting and catered for children).Takes place in Porte de Versailles.
MARCH: the month of fairs
- World Tourism Fair: takes place in Porte de Versailles..a real invitation to travel the world and discover unusual places!It is always hold up in conjunction with “Destinations Nature”, the outdoor activities Fair
- Fashion Week Autumn/Winter: PARIS is still a favorite of the fashion show circuit, the Fashion week is back with more than 100 shows anticipated and all created just for this renowned week.
- Paris’ Book Fair: recentely renamed « Livre Paris », it is the marketplace for all those in the book industry.
- Paris’ Semi marathon in Paris: the Fitbip it is the 3rd worldwide semi- marathon, after the Swedish Göteborg and British Bupa Great.
APRIL Month: fair and art
- Foire du Trône: Formerly called the “Foire aux Plains d’Epices” (the Gingerbread Fair), it is Europe largest funfair situated on the Reuilly field in 12th arrondissement.
- International Paris’ trade Show: This is the only visitor experience of its kind in Europe and offers you a chance to discover, test and compare, all in one place, all the products and services which can brighten up your daily life. It is famous for the atmosphere and for all the deals made and is organised around 3 themes: Home, Health and World Culture.
- Easter: depending on the calendar, can be in March or April and is a fabulous occasion to bring your children in one of the numerous parisian parcs that organize the famous “chasse à l’oeuf ” (egg hunt)!
- The Great Contemporary Market Art in Bastille: is a stunning invitation to travel for all art lovers, this event meets with great enthusiasm amongst the public thanks to its warm welcome and its direct contact with the artist: you will surely find a gem of your dreams!!
- The Annual Marathon in Paris: brings together as many as 30,000 participants, representing over 70 countries, to cover the famous 42.195 km around the most prestigious points in the capital, starting from Champs Elysées.
- Music Fountains Show in Versailles: Relive the heyday of the reign of Louis XIV…Explore the fountains and groves with their water features spouting to the rhythm of music in the Gardens of Versailles. The show always start from April to mid October.
- The Fair of modern and contemporary art: held in the “Grand Palais” is one of the three most important art fairs in the world; 180 Galleries and international publishers(editors) showing their works.
MAY: nature, sport and gastronomy
- Lily of the Valley Celebration: also known as the public holiday Labour Day and is traditional to give Lily flowers to loved ones and for luck; you can see Lily of the valley sprays being sold in all corners of the city.
- The Nature Celebration: the Historical Museum of Nature (situated inside the Garden of Plants) will offer you lots of free and interesting animations based on the Nature theme. From 20th to 24th May. We recommend you flats situated in LATIN QUARTER DISTRICT.
- European Night of Museums: the museums keep their doors open late into the night and so you can visit for free most of the parisian museums in an amazing atmosphere!! The 16th May.
- Tennis French Open of Rolland Garros: just after the end of the Cannes Film Festival, the world renowned Tennis Open will take place. From 20th May to 6th June. We recommend you “The Poet” situated on metro line 10, that lead you in 4 stations (10 mn) directly to Porte d’Auteuil.
JUNE: music, parties and festivals
- International Rose Competition: it takes part in the magnificient and raffinated “Garden of Bagatelle” in Neuilly. A special occasion to admire the most beautiful varieties of roses from all around the world! The 19th .
- Festival of the Music: it celebrates the summer andall the streets and squares of Paris will be filled by hundred of musicians and lots of free concerts are organized for the public until late at night. The 21st
- The Gay Pride: it always take part the last week end of June with may different processions: music and dance are on programm!!
- Rendez vous des Jardins: the public is invited to enjoy or discover the main parks and gardens, public or private and explore the botanical wonders which reveal themselves, by taking advantage of the many spectacles, exhibitions and displays that are proposed.
- Fête des Tuileries: get your adrenalin fix with this funfair that offers 60 exciting attractions during its 2 month stay in the marvelous Gardens of Tuileries.
JULY: the festive month
- The Sales: from the beginning of July, you ll be able to shop,shop, shop!!
- The National Day of 14 th July: it takes part on the 13Th July in the districts outside Paris and the 14Th in Paris. This is THE DAY not to miss! It begins with a fantastic military parade from the Champs Elysées and then throughout the day, there are numerous free activities based on the military theme. To finish in style, when the sky turns dark, the fabulous fireworks illuminate all Paris, they are normally fired from the Eiffel Tower.
- The fabulous Bicycle “Tour de France” : an event absolut to not miss for the sports fans.
- Paris Plage: an artificial beach is created along the River of the Senne, from 21st of July lasting a month. This event allows you to have relaxing long walks, sitting at a restaurant on the banks of the Senne and of course for the children the occasion to experience lots of cultural and sporty activities.
AUGUST: the quiet month
the city is empty as main parisians are far away on holidays, what a good way to visit quietly Paris!
SEPTEMBER: busy Paris!
- Heritage Days: a special occasion to visit behind the scenes of some national monuments, government and private buildings not usually accessible to the public, among the 1000′s you can count in Paris!! You can also visit the Palace of Elysées, but careful: long queues are to be expected.
- Techno Parade: nowadays this is a popular event, it takes place at the end of September and hundreds of thousands of party seekers gather in the streets dancing the day away to the music of more than 150 DJs.
- Fashion Week: what would be Paris without this famous fashion event?!!
- Maison et Objet Trade Fair: is dedicated to lifestyle fashions and trends and take place twice a year.
- Qatar Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe in Chantilly: is the most envied price of all horse race owners!
- The Garden Show of Paris: is possibly the most civilized garden show on Earth. In the main gardens of the city, particularly a section of the Tuileries, this boutique three-day event offers show gardens, outdoor furniture, plants and a design village full of conceptual hijinks.
OCTOBER : month of renowned shows and fairs.
- The White Night: you can appreciate a night-time arts festival in museums, galleries and open spaces.
- Paris Motor Show: the appointment for the future of motoring
- Paris Antique Exhibition on the Avenue de la Grande Armée (just next to the Triumphal Arch: the absolute meeting point collectors, those who seek for objects of curiosity… So happy shopping bargain shoppers!!
- International Contemporary Art Fair (F.I.A.C): one of the most important annual events in Paris’ contemporary art scene, the FIAC showcases work this year from 165 international galleries and over 2,500 artists at three locations on the city’s right bank.
- Autumn Fair: to discover all new tendency, decoration, gastronomy, wellness and craft.
- Montmartre Grape Harvest Festival: from 05 to 09 October : it is among the third main parisian event after “Paris Plage” and the ” White Night”. Wine producers from all over the country come together for five days of festivities and the tasting of regional products in the cosy streets of this renowned district!! We recommend you the flat : SACRE COEUR DISTRICT/”The Romantic“
- Chocolate Show: the chocolateaddict will looove it!! It is the world’s most important event dedicated to chocolate and famous for its amazing final procession (all clothes made of chocolate, of course!!)
- Beaujolais Nouveau Festival: a very important event for the wine lovers and a special occasion to taste the “special menu Beaujolais” in every trendy bar of the capital.Beaujolais Nouveau is a very young wine made from Gamay grapes in the Beaujolais region of France.From 16 to 20 November.
- Christmas Light : will be turned on from 10 November and until 10th January.
For Christmas and new Year, any self respecting French family have at their table a good bottle of Champagne, a piece of foie gras accompagnied by a Sauternes wine, smoked salmon… and for Christmas a bûche. The traditional dinner finishes itself which a roll of light sponge cake, covered in chocolate or coffee butter cream textured to resemble bark, as an evocation of the ancient tradition of burning the Yule log.
- Christmas Markets: The markets, with their iconic clusters of wood chalets offering custom holiday treats like mulled wine, gingerbread, sausages and specialties from various regions of France, are an essential part of celebrating Christmas in Paris.You’ll find one big market in the “Parvis de la Défense” and the other main one more famous that goes from “Place of Concorde” to ”Champs Elysées”.
- All the Christmas attractions: don’ t miss the chrismas decoratated puppet window displays along “Galerie Lafayette ” and “Printemps”, the beautiful ice rink in front of “Hôtel de Ville” (there until March!!) and of course a good occasion to go to Eurodisney to experience the beautiful atmosphere with artificial snow that makes it really magical!!Your kids will adore it!!