Appartement La Terrasse- Quartier Montorgueil
This amazing, classic Parisian property of 120 sqm is a top-floor loft, split into two levels and with a private terrace.
It is spacious with high ceilings and offers modern, comfortable furnishings.
It is situated on the 4Th and top floor with a stairway in a classic Parisian stone building that has a well-kept flowered interior courtyard which is typical of the period building.
You will love the quiet atmosphere as there are no neighbors on the floor and as the loft faces two courtyards. The apartment is dual-aspect, thus light and bright, and the flooring is wooden and so has a natural air.
The apartment lay-out is split:
Entering the flat, you will find yourself in the dining area, furnished with a large table and chairs.
The kitchen is separate and contains all the necessary equipment, devices and utensils for your needs; micro wave, oven, gas hob, American fridge/freezer, dishwasher, Nespresso Coffee machine, kettle, ….as well as basic products at your disposal. From the kitchen, you can access the wonderful flowered private terrace which will give you the impression of being in a rural setting, right in the very heart of Paris!! There is a good-sized wooden table and chairs for your breakfasts or aperitifs al fresco! From the dining area, you access the living area which consists of comfortable sofa, two armchair sofas, a video projector that works as a TV, a wooden glass table and a decorative fireplace.
Beyond the living room, a door will lead to the quiet bedroom with a real double bed (ie. not sofa-bed) to ensure a good night’s sleep. There are books in a small library at your disposal.There is a bathroom also on level 1, composed of a bath, shower unit and toilets.
Stairs lead to LEVEL 2
You will find a spacious living room area with a double sofa bed and toys so children can use this place as their “play room “
Beyond is one bedroom with a single bed for a child or adult and there is also a baby cot at your disposal, suitable for a baby between 0 and 3 years.
Then the bathroom is separate, much more spacious than the one on Level 1 and contains a bath, shower, washing machine and toilets.
Please note that you access the bathroom from either the living room or the bedroom independently which ensures your privacy.
The heating and hot water is by a boiler independently controlled by the flat.
An amazing spacious loft of character with a typical parisian charm in a central, desirable location!
If you are travelling with up 10 people and want to stay in the same building, we also have an architect loft in the lower floor that can accomodate up to 4 people.
- Spacious, bright and quiet.
- Modern furnishings and fittings.
- In the very heart of Paris, 5 mins from Hôtel de Ville!
This stunning loft is situated in the renowned, lively and colorful pedestrian district of « Montorgueil-Saint-Denis», amongst Paris’ most historical and central areas. Rue Saint-Denis is one of the oldest streets in Paris, its route being first laid out in the 1st century by the Romans, and offers you a multitude of attractions and curiosities just at hand.
This area also is also home to the stunning classified heritage monument: 142 Rue Saint Denis, the house built for Claude Aubry (seen from the living room of this apartment); in front of number 142, there is another amazing classified construction, a 16th century fountain built into the corner of Rue St Denis and Rue Grenetta called «La Fontaine de la Reine».
Restaurants, markets, boutiques, shops of all types, the colors and aromas are reminiscent of countryside villages.
You’ll also find lots of historical and cultural monuments, you will be spoilt by choice and it is for all purses too.
The atmosphere of this pedestrianized and quaint district is soft and welcoming and at the same time energetic and lively with all its trendy and designer stalls.
You can for example begin your day savoring a coffee in the numerous sunny coffee terraces, sit in the Rue Montorgueil, then linger in front of the large undulating glass canopy of the «Forum des Halles», before sitting smug with a street show in the Centre Beaubourg that also hosts inside numerous interesting exhibitions.
You can also pass time wandering under the amazing covered galleries «Passage du Grand Cerf» or «Passage de la Galerie Vivienne» (just at the foot of the building) and that ends up to the magnificent «Place des Victoires».
MAIN SIGHTS TO VISIT NEARBY
- THE STREET OF MONTORGUEIL: this pedestrianized and trendy street is the shopping heart of the district, and some of its shops are amongst the oldest of Paris. For example, at number 38, there is «L’escargot Montorgueil», the favorite 20th century kitchen of Sacha Guitry, Proust, Dali… and the ceiling of the entrance was Sarah Bernhardt’s dining room, the one she gave to the restaurant before her death !
- LES HALLES: former and vast market that has fed Paris and its Parisians for over 8 centuries before leaving Paris for the suburb of Rungis. Now, it has become one of the most vibrant and trendy areas of the capital, there is an enormous shopping center that will please all you shoppers and especially those who seek rare avant-garde /vintage pieces! There are also 2 theatres and the amazing fountain created by
- CENTRE GEORGES POMPIDOU/BEAUBOURG: this multi-coloured building is original because of its high tech architecture of metallic ventilation pipes. It houses a cultural center dedicated to contempory/ modern art which attracts more than 20,000 visitors a day.
- GARDEN OF TUILERIES: only 15mn by foot from the flat, this true «green lung» is part of the most emblematic places of the capital. Besides, it is part of the Historical Axis or «Voie Royale», an axis of roads and a series of monuments (Triumphal Arch, Champs-Elysées and the Louvre) placed along the axis that runs from the center of Paris out beyond the city to the west. A perfect way to discover emblematic Parisian monuments, profit by wandering around this royal garden and window shop on the most beautiful Avenue of the word.
- HÔTEL DE VILLE: this is a majestic building, with a turbulent past (its square used to be the site for guillotine executions) that is only 7 mins away by foot. Nowadays, the Hôtel de Ville is the head of the municipal council. Its fabulous square is mainly a place where main events are organized by the municipality: in winter, it is transformed into a huge ice rink with merry-go-rounds; during the international tennis tournaments, a huge screen transmits live matches; as well as wonderful garden exhibitions. There are more than 200 sculptures along each side of Hotel de Ville building to be admired; created by one of Paris’ most famous artists: Auguste Rodin.
- PLACE DES VICTOIRES: with its stunning equestrian statue, it is part of Paris’ 5 royal: La Place des Vosges, La Place Dauphine, La Place Vendôme et La Place de la Concorde. It is now a mecca of the mode with its trendy boutiques.
- COVERED GALLERIES: innovative in terms of their architectural shape as well as their social role, the covered galleries are typically Parisian, home to quirky and specialty shops. The «Passage du Grand Cerf» created in 1825 is part of Paris’ most important ones, has the highest canopy. Meanwhile the «Galerie Vivienne», created in 1823 is the most emblematic with its mosaic tiled floors and brass lights. You can admire the history, cast iron gates, marble pillars, ornate clocks and its chic prêt à porter boutiques such as Jean Paul Gaultier.