The Nest – Alésia District
This adorable one bedroomed flat with an individual style offers you a quality living space that you will love. The space has been well thought out and decorated carefully to ensure you feel right at home and can relax in peace after a tiring day walking around the hustle and bustle of Paris.
This property is part of a co-ownership, surrounded by lovely private houses with gardens and with a charming courtyard available to the residents only, where you can enjoy a drink or simply sit and relax, bothered only by the sounds of nature.
The apartment is situated on the 2nd floor with stairs, in a stone building and is very bright and sunny due to its southern aspect and open outlook. You will be able to see the old « Coulée Verte» which is Paris’ former railway line which has returned to nature by over grown vegetation.
The flat was completely renovated in May 2014; the exposed oak floorboards, classic white-washed walls and quality designer furniture makes for a chic effect.
The arrangement of the apartment is such that each room faces the courtyard so no overlooking others and nice and quiet.
That living area has a top quality convertible sofa-king size bed from «Maison du Convertible» (a luxury french brand renowned for its quality sleep products), a TV with international channels and a flexible designer coffee table.
The bedroom is accessed from the living area. It has a top of the range King-size bed with it’s mattress from «Terres du Monde», 2 bedside tables and a wardrobe.
The bespoke bathroom is accessed from the bedroom and boasts a trendy double shower head!
Toilet is separate and set next to the entrance.
The kitchen is also next to the entrance and also designed to maximize the use of space. It is equipped with all the necessary utensils and plenty of cupboard space. There is a large fridge/freezer, a breakfast bar with 2 retro bar stools and 2 induction ceramic hot plates.
Just to summarize: this is an apartment for those who appreciate quality, from the furniture to the bed sheets, everything has been chosen to ensure you have the best of comforts to enjoy your stay away from it all.
A warm nest in the green and the tranquility with modern furniture.
- Bright, quiet and sunny with open outlook.
- Quality furnishings.
- Competitive prices.
- Very well serviced by public transport.
This property is situated in the 14th arrondissement in the animated « Quartier of Montparnasse», inbetween la Porte de Versailles and Porte d’Orléans, in a little quiet street surrounded by beautiful private houses, an idyllic setting close to the former Coulée Verte/Petite Couronne, an area in respectful development.
Between the metro stations of Plaisance and Alesia, this is a lively and secure district that is home to numerous restaurants, coffee shops, boutiques and green parks.
The flat is located on Rue Ledion, a green cul-de-sac where you will can walk around and appreciate the other private properties, which is unusual for the center of Paris.
This area is also perfectly serviced with public transport: metro, bus and trams all at your fingertips, so ideal for those on a short stay or for business – the famous Parc des Expositions and Villepinte, renowned worldwide for their expositions, are easily accessed from this area.
TO VISIT NEARBY
- MONTPARNASSE TOWER: completed in 1973, this was the tallest skyscraper in Paris until 2011 when it was replaced by the First Tower, as of 2013 it is the 14th tallest building in the European Union. You can reach the top by foot in 20mins and you will have the most stunning 360 degree view from the 56th floor. En route to the tower, the district of Montparnasse hosts numerous little streets, loved for its lively nightlife, restaurants, bars, cinemas, theatres, shops (see the famous Rue de la Gaité) and if you fancy a walk, you can also reach the chic Rue de Rennes situated in front of the Tower, and that itself will lead you directly to the prestigious Quartier Saint Germain.
- VILLA SEURAT: this area is often underestimated by many, but it is real study of the 1920’s Art Modern architecture. Most of the buildings were built during a short period by renown architects and there are plenty of celebrities associated with it; from the namesake painter George Seurat and writer Henry miller to artist Salvador Dali.
- STREET OF ALÉSIA: This is one of the few streets to be named after a French/Gallic defeat, in 52 BC Caesar’s army was victorious at the Battle of Alésia. Nowadays this is shopping heaven full of boutiques selling last years fashion and the biggest brands at discount prices. Happy shopping!!
Had some problems with the internet on the first day and Nadia was super helpful and communicative to
resolve the issue.
Very kind and good host.
London based designer, February 2014
- Property Size: 36 m2
- Guest: 2
- Bedroom: 1
- Bathroom: 1
- Maximum Guests No: 2
Metro : Plaisance
Cleaning Fee (in €): 40