La Garçonnière – Marais District
Here is a stunning modern little flat entirely renovated in 2013 and fantastically located.
Situated on the ground floor of a stone building, you will be impressed by the magnificent carriage entrance, typical of the district.
It is an apartment that overlooks the interior courtyard, ensuring peace for your perfect nights sleep.
La Garçonnière maintains an ancient charm with its brick and exposed wood beams, typical old-style Parisian.
The decoration is elegant with modern quality furnishings and the living space has been maximized to its potential so that you can make the most of your stay.
The main room of the apartment is the living area but with the potential of sleeping 2 in a 140cm double bed hidden whilst not require as a « Murphy bed»/wall bed/fold down bed.
There is a tv with international channels, and internet with wifi connection.
The kitchen is equipped with all the necessary utensils, fridge/freezer, micro-wave, kettle and Nespresso coffee-maker.
There is also a dining area where you can enjoy all those patisseries bought for breakfast from the local bakeries.
This dining area could also be utilized as an office corner.
The bathroom has a modern shower, basin and toilet, equipped with a hair drier and fresh towels.
Please note that the courtyard is at your disposal to enjoy a good glass of wine, or better still, champagne. Enjoy!
This is a fabulous pied a terre with lots of character.
The best aspect of this flat is without doubt it’s excellent location, in the heart of the desirable and chic 4th arrondissement, a very safe, central and vibrant district!
The flat sits on the so called «Rive Droite» (Right Bank), half way between the Hôtel de Ville and Châtelet, inbetween the fashionable «Quartier du Marais» and the elegant «Latin Quarter».
Both districts are reached in 10minutes by foot and they are where you will find the most interesting and trendy parts of the capital.
The apartment is located on the famous Rue de la Croix Sainte Bretonnerie which is the most prestigious part of the Marais – the Parisians named it the «Haut Marais» – and is one of the oldest streets in Paris dated from the 18th century.
In this district you can absorb the authentic Parisian atmosphere and with plenty of attractions: theaters, restaurants, museums, art galleries and antique dealers all at your fingertips.
MAIN SIGHTS TO VISIT NEARBY
- HÔTEL DE VILLE: this is a magnificent building with a turbulent past – the square was the site for the towns guillotine executions. Nowadays the Hôtel de Ville is the head of the municipal council. Its fabulous square is mainly a place where main events are organized by the municipality: in winter, it is transformed into a huge ice rink with merry go rounds, during the international tennis tournaments, a huge screen transmits live matches, as well as wonderful garden exhibitions. There are more than 200 scuptures along each side of Hotel de Ville building to be admired; created by one of Paris’ most famous artists, Auguste Rodin.
- CHÂTELET: was in the past a fortress, it is now one of the most vibrant and trendy areas of the capital, there is an enormous shopping centre that will please all you shoppers and especially those who seek rare avant-garde /vintage pieces! There are also 2 theatres and the amazing fountain created by Napoleon.
- CENTRE POMPIDOU/BEAUBOURG: this multi-coloured building is original because of it’s high tech architecture of metallic ventilation pipes. It houses a cultural center dedicated to contemporaney/ modern art which attracts more than 20.000 visitors a day.10mn by feet from the flat.
- ILE DE LA CITÉ: is one of two natural islands in the Seine, which is the center of Paris and the location where the medieval city was refounded, and you ll need at least a day to visit all its monuments (amoung them the famous Nôtre Dâme, la Conciergerie, the Palace of Justice, Santa Capella, Quai des Orfèvres).
- MARAIS/PLACE DES VOSGES: The District of Marais is renowned for its gay community and is famous for being a very trendy and lively district, gives the impression of a «small village» with its labyrinth of streets, full of locals, restaurants, night clubs frequented by the most fashionable! In addition, it houses more than 20 important museums like the Picasso or Carnavalet. But the major interest of the Marais is without doubt its «Place des Vosges», originally called «Le Place Royale» and is perfectly designed in it’s symmetry of architecture and gardens.
September 2015, NEW YORK, US
August 2015, MÜNSTER GERMANY
April 2015 MAGILL, AUSTRALIA
Below the apartment has super ,planty of bakeries bars and restaurants.
Nadia was charming and gracious, the flat looks just a little bit smaller then the pictured.
My boyfriend and I loved staying at this little gem of a studio. We loved the area, and we felt it was really quiet considering being in such a happening area. Wifi was great, and I enjoyed having a espresso every morning (now I am buying a nespresso of my own!). The bathroom is small but I have been to Paris before and was prepared for this. I would definitely love to stay here again!
SAN DIEGO-CALIFORNIA , SEPTEMBER 2016
Minneapolis, MINNESOTA, US October 2016
- Property Size: 17 m2
- Guest: 2
- Bedroom: 1
- Bathroom: 1
Metro : Saint Paul
Floor: ground floor
Cleaning Fee (in €): 40