ValentinaThe apartment is perfectly located in the heart of Paris. Marie-Pierre was a great host, and we can only say the best things about our stay. August 2013 Valentina, NY, US5.02014-11-23T20:52:19+00:00
Valentina and NathanielThe apartment was great. Small and charming and very conveniently located. Nadia always responded promptly to any questions before arrival and met us at the apartment and was inviting and accommodating. The apartment was small but comfortable for four adults, the building was quiet and well located. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend the apartment to others. January 2011Pesaro,...5.02014-11-22T19:49:50+00:00
KaitlinAmazing Apartment! We had the most incredible time in Paris. The flat was perfectly located close to several restaurants & the metro. The apartment was beautiful and clean. The owner was incredibly helpful and nice from our initial request, through meeting us at the apartment, and reaching out to see how our trip went when we returned home. I would...5.02015-03-03T21:54:53+00:00
MariaNadia's place was very comfortable for us, family of 4. The place was clean and had all the necessary things needed for a short day in Paris. Good location, close to metro and supermarket right across the flat. Nadia was very helpful and available for anything we needed Maria/DORAL-FLORIDA-MARCH 20165.02016-03-29T11:02:45+00:00
LeoReally nice apartment in beautiful area! On arrival apartment was clean and full of light. Perfect location, just few minutes away from the cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris but not that crowd of tourists that it may suppose to be. Small street marked near there is just perfect to buy something for breakfast. Moscow/Russia-Leo Elkervitch-April 20155.02015-06-13T16:59:47+00:00
AlexThe location was great. The apartment is charming. Good size for 4. We have very good time. Marie is a very nice person, very accesible, very helpful. I highly recommend it. Fantastic location for walk to Notre Dame, Latin Quarter, the metro, subway, restaurantes, stores (wine, cheesse and baguettes) we did a lot and we save a lot of money...4.02014-11-23T20:51:57+00:00
AmandaBeautiful space in a wonderful location. My stay was just perfect and Nadia was really present and helpful as a host. February 2017, Sao Paulo, BRAZIL5.02017-02-05T20:57:05+00:00
TamaraThe apartment was very clean and wonderful. My mom and I enjoyed our two days staying in this cute apartment. Everything we needed was there and it was easy to connect to the metro for traveling. Thanks for providing a wonderful vacation in Paris. Tamara Jennings, Grants Pass, Oregon, US, JUNE 20155.02015-06-13T16:47:14+00:00
LotteWe were met by a sweet cleaning lady. She showed us how to use the apartment. Unfortunately there were some problems with the former guests. I think the cleaning lady had to hurry, so the frigde/kitchen and the floors weren't clean.. The apartment is placed the most wonderful place in Paris. The best spot for shopping, eating good food and...5.02014-11-22T19:42:57+00:00
LouiseLejligheden er simpelthen så rar at være i og ligger helt perfekt. Næsten kun et stenkast fra Seinen, hvorfra man blot skal spadsere til den næste bro, så er man ved Notre Dame. Mange gode spisesteder samt bager og indkøbsmuligheder helt tæt på. Vi blev informeret om det hele ved ankomsten, som var lige så venlig som stemningen i lejligheden....5.02015-06-21T14:47:25+00:004.010
BE A LOCAL FOR A WHILE
The best way to experience a city is to go where the locals go….
The “City of Lights” has many wonders to behold that often escape the tourists.
You will find in this menu a reminder of the main monuments you can visit per district but also unusual places very appreciated by Parisian and often unknown by tourists !
Paris is organized around 20 arrondissements, each has its own particularity!
A chic, trendy and royal district !It is an elite, chic royal district amongst Paris’most central as it concentrates the unavoidable sightseeing and cultural attractions
- LOUVRES: it presents one of the world’ biggest art collection. The Café Marly under the archs is without any doubt, the chiccest terrasse of the neighborhood with a stunning view on Louvres Pyramid!
- GARDENS OF CARROUSSEL AND TUILERIES: a real museum at opened sky with its majestuous sculpures and statues have a main historical importance.
- PALAIS ROYAL: it is composed of symetrical piles of buildings and Rue de Rivoli under the archs hosts numerous unusual boutiques, tea rooms…also the metro station Palais Royal is part of Paris most beautiful and orginal’ as its external structure is composed with glass colooured balls from Murano!
- PLACE VENDÔME: amongst the world most famous and luxuous places, built by the architect from Versailles and that host the main renownd jewels boutiques.
- MUSÉE DE L’ORANGERIE: propose a collection of impressionnistes and post impressionnistes paintings and amoung them the famous Nympheas from Monet. It is the first step before visiting the Claude Monet House and Giverny.
- LE MEURICE and le CRILLON: two of Paris mythical palace (5 stars)! The Meurice is on Rue de Rivoli under the archs and has a wonderful decoration of the XVIII and has also made the history of Paris: it has been the headquarters of the German forces betwwen 1940 et 1944! The Crillon is classified amongs Paris historical unheritage and Maie Antoinette used to come there to have her piano lessons.
Also called “Quartier de la Bourse“(Stock Exchange District), it is a business, central and dynamic district, rather “bobo” (french expression to say bourgeois and bohemian) but also an entertainment area thanks to its numerous theaters (Opéra Comique, la Michodière, etc….)
Il hosts also lots of tresors often unknown by tourists like its quaint pedestrianized streets, its magnificient covered galleries built at the end of XVIII and that are real jewel of architecture, but also unsual shops, grocers….not to mention all the clothing wholesale in District of Sentier!
- LE PALAIS BRONGNIART: it is the historical and former building of Paris’ Stock Exchange, which is also a replica of the Temple of Vespasian and Titus in Rome. Each of the building’s corners is adorned with an allegorical statues representing Justice , Commerce , Agriculture and Industry.
- PLACE DES VICTOIRES: it is the first square built in honour of the Sun King (Louis XIV). With its stunning equestrian statue, it is part of Paris’ 5 royal ; La Place des Vosges, La Place Dauphine, La Place Vendôme et La Place de la Concorde. It is now a mecca of the mode with it’s trendy boutiques
- CHÂTELET/LES HALLES: after years of renovation, it is now one of the most vibrant and trendy area. It hosts an enormous shopping centre that will please all you shoppers and especially those who seek rare avant-garde /vintage pieces! There are also 2 theatres and the amazing fountain created by Napoléon. Young like to meet there to make hp hop street dance and others.
- MONTORGUEIL with its pedestrianized and animated quaint streets is very appreciated by parisians.
- MUSÉE DES MONNAIES: Museum of Currencies: no to to be confused with the Museum of Currency in the 6th: it presents a rich collection of currency and medals dated from Antiquities.
Once a swamp area (this is why it is called «Quartier du Marais» – marais=swamp), it is among Paris’ most storical and authentically district. It is nice to wander around its magnificent typical cobblestone streets that hides sometimes unexpected and original curiosities ! Also, it has became THE Fashionweek headquarters.
- MUSÉE PICASSO ET CARNAVALET , MARCHÉ DES ENFANTS ROUGES.
- Le Barav’(6 rue Charles-François Dupuis): a real paradise corner for the wine amateur.
- L’Îlot (4 rue de la Corderie)=the most « cosy » place to taste seafood’s.
4-e arrondissement – La Garconnière
A place of delight and really touristic as it hosts numerous monuments of renown and is located half way between both in demanded “Quartier du Marais” and “Quartier Latin”. Once love its quaint little streets, its authentically facade and its elegance.
- L’HÔTEL DE VILLE, CENTRE GEORGES POMPIDOU, CHÂTELET, NÔTRE DAME, MARCHÉ AUX FLEURS, PLACE DES VOSGES, ILE SAINT LOUIS.
It is THE most antic(=le plus ancien quartier ) of the capital and once can feel again the « Crazy Years »
Latin Quarter is the one that concentrates the most of parisian monuments, which classifies it among the most in demanded and visited by tourist. It also attracts worldwide students thanks to its renown universities. Its quaint littles streets, its boutiques of thousand curiosities and its typical cafés and brasseries makes it a magical place where it is nice just to wander around!
- JARDIN DU LUXEMBOURG, ARÈNES DE LUTECE, TERMES DE CLUNY, JARIDN BOTANIQUE, NÔTRE DAME
A district of exception situated on the Left Bank, famous to host luxury brand shops, art galleries and for its excusive clientele.
- SAINT GERMAIN DES PR ÈS, PONT NEUF, ABBAYE DE ST GERMAIN,
- La Closerie des Lilas, Cafés Flore et des Deux Magots(171 Boulevard du Montparnasse/6, place St Germain des Près/172 Boulevard Saint-Germain): the first one is raffinated brasserie with a literary atmosphere where you might cross actors /the second is Paris most mythical café, a real Parisian institution and the third is just next to Café Flore and is the most famous Parisian one.
It is without any doubt the most famous one because it host the Iron Lady, but also because it is part of the most beautiful districts. It collects Paris best museums and has an breathtaking architecture. Finally, let’s say that is THE preferred district for the most richest clientele.
- LA TOUR EIFFEL, LE CHAMPS DE MARS, LE QUAI D’ORSAY, LES INVALIDES, LE PALAIS BOURBON, LA BASILIQUE SAINTE CLOTILDE.
- Les Ombres (27, quai Branly): a bar restaurant with a breathtaking view on Eiffel Tower
- Le Café Branly: fabulous bar that is part of Musée Branly, very appreciated by the parisians because quiet and also with view of the Iron Lady.
8-e arrondissement= The Triangle
The Avenue of Champs Élysées is the most worldwide renowned for its beauty because is the largest one.
Luxury shops in abundance, renowned establishment, it is a chic, exclusiv and business district that also host the famous « Triangle d’Or »=Golden Triangle.
- ARC DE TRIOMPHE, LE PETIT/LE GRAND PALAIS, PLACE DE LA CONCORDE, LA MADELEINE.
- Jardin du Petit Palais(Avenue Winston Churchill): an exotic location to escape the time of a good coffee in the middle of the columns and palm trees.
- La Maison Blanche(15 avenue Montaigne)=a trendy and chic address, adored by Parisians for its nights events but also for its stunning panoramically view the time of a coffee.
- Lazare(Parvis de la Gare Saint Lazare):after one year of its reopening, the booking calendar of this restaurant is already full !The 3star chied Eric Frechon has created a beautiful and modern brasserie open 7/7 that attract the whole Paris.
- Bar du Bristol(4, Rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré): without any doubt, the most distinguished.
- Le Bar du Plazza (5 Avenue Montaigne): the most Fashion one/also a brasserie with famous star chief Alain Ducasse aux fourneaux.
9-e arrondissement= The Jewel
Characterized by its magnificent Haussmannian buildings with some of them even part of classified in storical heritage, the 9th district has “this” something magical.
It hosts some of the chicest and sumptuous places of the capital and of course the best theatres and cabarets.
- OPÉRA GARNIER, MARCHÉ DROUOT, FOLIES BERGÈRES, MUSÉE GRÉVIN, GALÉRIES LAFAYETTE/HAUSSMANN, LA PIGALLE.
- Café Guitry(10 ,Place Édouard VI): the most theatrical of the cafés, nested in a pedestrianized street often unknown by tourists, even if it absolutely is worth it!!
- Terrasse Printemps de la Maison: an amazing terrace with a covered coffee/restaurant ideal for a photography session with its Paris view in 360° !!
An eclectic popular and trendy district that hosts numerous covered pasages, art galleries and that has become the favorite place for the « bobos » and artists that love to group together around the famous « Canal Saint Martin. It is also one of the distric that host the minus of monuments.
- CANAL SAINT MARTIN, LA PORTE SAINT MARTIN.
- Le Café A (48 rue du Faubourg Saint-Martin): a real haven of peace in the middle of the city and with hammock at disposal.
- La Sardine(32 Place Ste Marthe):for the wine amateur, aan adress kept secret by the jealous parisian !
A charming district full of story and that has become over the last past years a young, nice and trendy district with a bohemian spirit and haf way between « Bastille» and«Père Lachaise».
- OBERKAMPF ET LE QUARTIER DE LA FONTAINE AU ROI, SQUARE MAURICE GARDETTE ET SQUARE COLBERT
- Les Jardins du Marais(74 rue Amelot): an idyllic and quiet place in the middle of a pedestrianized street.
- La Place Verte(105 rue Oberkampf):one of this district biggest terrace.
12-e arrondissement= The Penthouse
A nice district to live with lots of shops of all types that has lived lots of changes over the 10 past years thanks to the developpment of the « Bercy Village »(a small village in the town)and close to Paris ‘second green lung (=The Vincennes Hood”)
- OPÉRA BASTILLE, LE BOIS ET ZOO DE VINCENNES, COUR SAINT EMILION, PROMENADE PLANTEE, LE MARCHE D’ALIGRE
- Le Grand Bleu(Quai de l’Arsenal, boulevard de la Bastille): 2 steps from the Bastille, a cute terrace coffee at the River Seine (en bords de Seine?) with view on the barge and sound of gulls=one could think it is on the beach !!
Known to host the asian community, it is a shopping district (= quartier commerçant?) with a heterogeneous/flotsam architecture (=l’architecture heteroclite) rather atypical.
It counts a dozen of scratch skies and of course numerous shops of all types.
- MANUFACTURE DES GOBELINS, LA BUTTE AUX CAILLES, MUSÉE DES ARTS LUDIQUES.
- Le Wanderlust(32 quai d’Austerlitz) pay attention=it is THE biggest terrace of the capitale !
- Le Batofar(Port de la Gare): a real Parisian institution renowned for its nights evenings.
14-e arrondissement= The Nest
A residential district with multi-faceted and that offers numerous itineraries from the Catacombs, churches from different ages(=églises d’époques différentes) to fine yourself at the end to wander around Paris ‘most stunning Park(=Parc Montsouris).
- LE PARC MONTSOURIS, CATACOMBES, OBSERVATOIRE DE PARIS.
- L’Entrepôt (7 rue Francis de Pressensé):a nice decor to sip a drink in the middle of bamboo
15-e arrondissement = The Poet
Situated on the Left Bank of the Senne, it is Paris biggest district where the contemporary architecture and industrial buildings are mixed up. Traditionnal, residential and well frequented, this « little village »inside the city attracts always more and more parisians and investors and host shops of all types.
- LA TOUR MONTPARNASSE, MUSÉE BOURDELLE, L’ ÎLE AUX CYGNES.
- La Plage parisienne(Port de Javel): a bucolic atmosphere on the edges of the Seine bank.
A chic and secure district maily residential and lived/habited (??)by high income Parisian (=quartier chic habité par des Parisiens riches).
It is a quiet district not very lively but for those who like Parisian architecture, they will love to wander around and admire its fabulous Hausmanian and Art Nouveau buildings, its little private Villas and other curiosities.
- Raphael La Terrasse(17 avenue Kleber): a stunning terrace in the middle of a hanging garden.
- Monsieur Bleu(20 avenue de New-York) : the new restaurant of the Palais de Tokyo
17th arrondissement: The Aristocrat
This is a cosmopolitan district with different atmospheres depending on where you are situated; the Quartier Wagram side is the most prestigious and 2 steps from the Champs Elysées, whereas the Quartier des Batignolles side is more bohemian and artistic.
- PARC MONCEAU, PORTE MAILLOT, LES BATIGNOLLES, MARCHÉ PONCELET
- Le Bistrot des Dames(18 rue des Dames):affordable french menu with gorgeous interior garden courtyard
- Le Makassar(39 Avenue de Wagram): aFrench-Indonesian menu with a lounge atmosphere, very hyped.
18th arrondissement : The Cosy
Surely the most romantic district of the capital. A quaint and bucolic atmosphere in this kind of ‘small village’ that always has attracted lots of tourists and always will. Famous for Sacre Coeur and the African District with its famous market.
- MOULIN ROUGE, LA BASILIQUE DU SACRÉCOEUR /BUTTE MONTMARTE ET SA VIGNE, LA PLACE DU TERTRE, L’ESPACE DALI, MARCHÉ DEJEAN.
- The 7TH Terrass Hôtel(12-14, rue Joseph de Maistre): a bar/terrace with a Riviera vibe with the most spectacular view
- Le Rendez-vous des Amis(23 Rue Gabrielle: adored by Parisians as untouristy but worth it for the staff, burgers and music.
- L’Hôtel Particulier(Pavillon D, 23 Avenue Junot): a hidden treasure; peaceful and romantic in a charming hotel with even a secret garden.
19th arrondissement: The Hill
An unusual district often unknown by tourists but definitively worth it !
Over the past years, this popular area has become more and more bobo (french for bohemian and chic!) where artists have chosen to reside. The park of Buttes-Chaumont counts among Paris most beautiful gardens and is a real breath of fresh air in the middle of Paris. This district also hosts the Parc de la Villette with its City of Sciences and Industries and its concert hall of ‘Zénith de Paris’.
- PARC DES BUTTES CHAUMONT, QUARTIER DE LA MOUZAÏA,LES BUTTES BERGÈRES, LA VILLETTE.
- Le Pavillon du Lac: a lovely restaurant nestled in the heart of one of the most beautiful parks – Buttes Chaumonts
- La Rotonde Stalingrad(6-8 place de la Bataille de Stalingrad) : the jewel in the crown of the 19th; a transformed vestige of the old city wall into a bar restaurant
20th arrondissement: The Capitain
This last District of the capital, it is also the most popular of them, even if it has undergone many transformations over the years that has turned it into a “bobo”one (bohemian and chic).It also attracts lots of artists.
QUARTIER DE BELLEVILLE AVEC SON PARC, QUARTIER DE MÉNILMONTANT, SQUARE DES GRÈS.
- LE O’PARIS; 1Rue des Envierges : magnifcient view of the Parc de Belleville with unbeatable prices to eat simply and well.
- LA BELLEVOISE; 19-21 rue Boyer) : the most Parisian of the district in converted building with bar, food and music, even exhibition space hosting regular festivals.
- LE BAR DU MAMA SHELTER; 109,Rue de Bagnolet) : cosmopolitan, young-and-beautiful, live music, personal-sized pizzas, fine selection of cocktails, with French hip-hop and American blues-and-funk, to cabaret-styled performances and old-school live jazz, Mama Shelter’s Chic Chic Bar easily lives up to the hype.