HervéApartment very well located, this is what makes its main attraction. Clean, it is spacious enough to be comfortable to 5 people. Hervé, LONDON December 20145.02015-09-30T21:43:08+00:00
Asilahthe apartment was cosy and had lots of light coming in. The location is unbeatable with lots of cafes, bakeries, restaurants and supermarkets nearby. The nearest metro station is less than 5 minutes walk away. Nadia was always prompt in her reply and she was very helpful. Thanks a lot! SINGAPOUR-JUNE 20155.02015-06-21T14:55:09+00:00
MatejThe apartment is close to a beautiful park. Unfortunately the door of the apartment is not marked, so we had quite a few problems before we found it. The metro station is close , from which you are anywhere fast. The apartment is big enough for four adults. The kitchen is good equipped but some scratched containers need to be...5.02015-09-30T21:54:45+00:00
Jaime MorenoThe apartment is very cozy and beautiful. Very good location and perfect for up to 3 persons. Totally Parisien experience and great location. Pure Le Marais full of cure restaurants and vibrant Paris life. Nadia and Elaine are super kind and helpful. Highly recomend October 2015 for Fashion Week, LONDON UK5.02015-11-09T11:38:59+00:00
AstridWe stayed for 4 nights in this nice apartment, for a really good price and in the centre of Paris! We really enjoyed staying in this apartment and we were very happy that we had the opportunity to meet the owner who is very friendly, helpful and kind. The apartment is clean and very comfortable and it looks just like...5.02014-11-22T19:48:14+00:00
AnthonyAt the last minute I decided to visit Paris, and the night before leaving I contacted Nadia, hoping to rent this flat. The flat was going to have some maintenance work done on it, so Nadia very quickly arranged another flat, very close by, also with a view to the Eiffel Tower. Throughout the 4 day stay, Nadia was incredibly...5.02014-11-23T21:09:29+00:00
HonginHôte fantastique et appartement! Parfait pour le séjour à Paris! J'ai apprécié ce bel appartement tellement! Rester ici vraiment rendu notre séjour merveilleux, et nous nous sommes sentis comme à la maison! Prenez le temps pour un peu de lecture paisible et thé le matin, c'est une expérience incroyable! Je reviendrais ici. Fantastic host and apartment! Perfect for the Paris...5.02014-11-22T19:57:11+00:00
ElijahHad a lovely stay at Nadia's studio. Would definitely recommend! San Francisco, California, United States, Januray 20115.02014-11-22T19:34:37+00:00
PanhelleuxVery pleasant stay in this apartment with a special mention for decoration "vintage". We were very comfortably with our 3 children (2 bathroom). We think we have found our base for our future getaways to Paris! especially as he very well located, quiet and in a very nice neighborhood (near the rue de Bretagne with its famous market traders and...5.02015-09-30T21:46:50+00:00
AdiThanks so much for a perfect vacation. The apartment is located in a central location - minutes walk to Metro grinder, two minute walk from the Pompidou Centre. Below the apartment has super ,planty of bakeries bars and restaurants. Nadia was charming and gracious, the flat looks just a little bit smaller then the pictured. its very clean, heated and soon it became our home stating...2016-02-04T21:07:18+00:004.010
MAIN PARISIAN EVENTS
PARISFLATLIST presents you a list non exhaustiv of the main parisian events NOT to miss !
- La “Galette des Rois”: the first sunday in January, the “Galette des Rois ” celebrates the Epiphany. It is a sweet cake filled with almonds and hidden inside is a “bean”. The tradition is that the one who find the bean becomes the “Queen” or the “King” of the day and has to choose his Queen or King!
- Fashion Week: after Milan, it’s Paris turn to present its Haute Couture Défilé. This event is followed by lots of “Prêt à Porter” Shows and showrooms. The District of MARAIS is vey in demanded for that occasion and turns onto a onto a show at opened sky!
- The Sales: generally at the beginning of January and for 5 weeks, you have the chance of snapping up the best of Parisian fashion at very good prices.
- The Prix d’Amérique: this is the biggest horserace of the year and it always takes place on the last Sunday of January; an event NOT to be missed; a concentration of horses, horses breeders and horses owners!
FEBRUARY: parade and carnival
- Chinese New Year: from 6 to 13 February, you can admire colourful processions in the Marais District. Apart the Marais
- The “Chandeleur”: initially it was a Catholic celebration and nowadays it has become the occasion to test different crèpes recipies! The occasion to eat in a ”créperie” and to immerse yourself in the atmosphere!!
- The Carnaval: lots of free animation are organized for the children for this occasion. This year it will take place Sunday 10 th February and Paris has selected the “World of Toys Theme”, so it will be the occasion to bring your child there!
- International Agricultural Show: this is a unique opportunity to appreciate the wealth of french agricultural and admire some amazing species of farm animals (very interesting and catered for children).Takes place in Porte de Versailles.
MARCH: the month of fairs
- World Tourism Fair: takes place in Porte de Versailles..a real invitation to travel the world and discover unusual places!It is always hold up in conjunction with “Destinations Nature”, the outdoor activities Fair
- Fashion Week Autumn/Winter: PARIS is still a favorite of the fashion show circuit, the Fashion week is back with more than 100 shows anticipated and all created just for this renowned week.
- Paris’ Book Fair: recentely renamed « Livre Paris », it is the marketplace for all those in the book industry.
- Paris’ Semi marathon in Paris: the Fitbip it is the 3rd worldwide semi- marathon, after the Swedish Göteborg and British Bupa Great.
APRIL Month: fair and art
- Foire du Trône: Formerly called the “Foire aux Plains d’Epices” (the Gingerbread Fair), it is Europe largest funfair situated on the Reuilly field in 12th arrondissement.
- International Paris’ trade Show: This is the only visitor experience of its kind in Europe and offers you a chance to discover, test and compare, all in one place, all the products and services which can brighten up your daily life. It is famous for the atmosphere and for all the deals made and is organised around 3 themes: Home, Health and World Culture.
- Easter: depending on the calendar, can be in March or April and is a fabulous occasion to bring your children in one of the numerous parisian parcs that organize the famous “chasse à l’oeuf ” (egg hunt)!
- The Great Contemporary Market Art in Bastille: is a stunning invitation to travel for all art lovers, this event meets with great enthusiasm amongst the public thanks to its warm welcome and its direct contact with the artist: you will surely find a gem of your dreams!!
- The Annual Marathon in Paris: brings together as many as 30,000 participants, representing over 70 countries, to cover the famous 42.195 km around the most prestigious points in the capital, starting from Champs Elysées.
- Music Fountains Show in Versailles: Relive the heyday of the reign of Louis XIV…Explore the fountains and groves with their water features spouting to the rhythm of music in the Gardens of Versailles. The show always start from April to mid October.
- The Fair of modern and contemporary art: held in the “Grand Palais” is one of the three most important art fairs in the world; 180 Galleries and international publishers(editors) showing their works.
MAY: nature, sport and gastronomy
- Lily of the Valley Celebration: also known as the public holiday Labour Day and is traditional to give Lily flowers to loved ones and for luck; you can see Lily of the valley sprays being sold in all corners of the city.
- The Nature Celebration:the Historical Museum of Nature (situated inside the Garden of Plants) will offer you lots of free and interesting animations based on the Nature theme. From 20th to 24th May. We recommend you flats situated in LATIN QUARTER DISTRICT.
- European Night of Museums: the museums keep their doors open late into the night and so you can visit for free most of the parisian museums in an amazing atmosphere!! The 16th May.
- Tennis French Open of Rolland Garros: just after the end of the Cannes Film Festival, the world renowned Tennis Open will take place. From 20th May to 6th June. We recommend you “The Poet” situated on metro line 10, that lead you in 4 stations (10 mn) directly to Porte d’Auteuil.
JUNE: the month music
- International Rose Competition: it takes part in the magnificient and raffinated “Garden of Bagatelle” in Neuilly. A special occasion to admire the most beautiful varieties of roses from all around the world! The 19th .
- Festival of the Music: it celebrates the summer andall the streets and squares of Paris will be filled by hundred of musicians and lots of free concerts are organized for the public until late at night. The 21st
- The Gay Pride: it always take part the last week end of June with may different processions: music and dance are on programm!! The 27th.
- The Garden Show of Paris: is possibly the most civilized garden show on Earth. In the main gardens of the city, particularly a section of the Tuileries, this boutique three-day event offers show gardens, outdoor furniture, plants and a design village full of conceptual hijinks.
JULY: the festive month
- The Sales: from the beginning of July, you ll be able to shop,shop, shop!!
- The National Day of 14 th July: it takes part on the 13Th July in the districts outside Paris and the 14Th in Paris. This is THE DAY not to miss! It begins with a fantastic military parade from the Champs Elysées and then throughout the day, there are numerous free activities based on the military theme. To finish in style, when the sky turns dark, the fabulous fireworks illuminate all Paris, they are normally fired from the Eiffel Tower. We recommend you the flat “The Poet ”. 13th and 14th.
- The fabulous Bicycle “Tour de France” : an event absolut to not miss for the sports fans. From 04th to 26th.
- Paris Plage: an artificial beach is created along the River of the Senne, from 21st of July lasting a month. This event allows you to have relaxing long walks, sitting at a restaurant on the banks of the Senne and of course for the children the occasion to experience lots of cultural and sporty activities. From 19th to 20th August .We recommend you the ARTIST/THE CHARLOT/THE BOHEMIAN/THE GARCONNIERE.
AUGUST: the quiet month:
the city is empty as main parisians are far away on holidays, what a good way to visit quietly Paris!
- Heritage Days: a special occasion to visit behind the scenes of some national monuments, government and private buildings not usually accessible to the public, among the 1000′s you can count in Paris!! You can also visit the Palace of Elysées, but careful: long queues are to be expected. Generally the third week end of September.
- Techno Parade: nowadays this is a popular event, it takes place at the end of September and hundreds of thousands of party seekers gather in the streets dancing the day away to the music of more than 150 DJs.
- Fashion Week: what would be Paris without this famous fashion event?!!
OCTOBER Month: is rich in international renowned shows/fairs.
- The White Night: you can appreciate a night-time arts festival in museums, galleries and open spaces.1st and 2d.
- Paris Motor Show: from 02 to 17 October in porte de Versailles. We recommend you both THE NEST or THE POET.
- Paris Antique Exhibition : dal 07 al 16 Ocotber on the Avenue de la Grande Armée (just nex to the Triumphal Arch: the absolute meeting point collectors, those who seek for objects of curiosity… So happy shopping bargain shoppers!!
- International Contemporary Art Fair (F.I.A.C): from 20 to 23 rd October, one of the most important annual events in Paris’ contemporary art scene, the FIAC showcases work this year from 165 international galleries and over 2,500 artists at three locations on the city’s right bank.
- La foire d’Automne
- Montmartre Grape Harvest Festival: from 05 to 09 October : it is among the third main parisian event after “Paris Plage” and the ” White Night”. Wine producers from all over the country come together for five days of festivities and the tasting of regional products in the cosy streets of this renowned district!! We recommend you the flat : SACRE COEUR DISTRICT/”The Romantic“
- Chocolate Show : from 20 October to 24 October, the chocolateaddict will looove it!!It is the world’s most important event dedicated to chocolate and famous for its amazing final procession (all clothes made of chocolate, of course!!)
- Beaujolais Nouveau Festival: a very important event for the wine lovers and a special occasion to taste the “special menu Beaujolais” in every trendy bar of the capital.Beaujolais Nouveau is a very young wine made from Gamay grapes in the Beaujolais region of France.From 16 to 20 November.
- Christmas Light : will be turned on from 10 November and until 10th January.
For Christmas and new Year, any self respecting French family have at their table a good bottle of Champagne, a piece of foie gras accompagnied by a Sauternes wine, smoked salmon… and for Christmas a bûche. The traditional dinner finishes itself which a roll of light sponge cake, covered in chocolate or coffee butter cream textured to resemble bark, as an evocation of the ancient tradition of burning the Yule log.
- Christmas Markets: The markets, with their iconic clusters of wood chalets offering custom holiday treats like mulled wine, gingerbread, sausages and specialties from various regions of France, are an essential part of celebrating Christmas in Paris.You’ll find one big market in the “Parvis de la Défense” and the other main one more famous that goes from “Place of Concorde” to ”Champs Elysées”.
- All the Christmas attractions: don’ t miss the chrismas decoratated puppet window displays along “Galerie Lafayette ” and “Printemps”, the beautiful ice rink in front of “Hôtel de Ville” (there until March!!) and of course a good occasion to go to Eurodisney to experience the beautiful atmosphere with artificial snow that makes it really magical!!Your kids will adore it!!